Address1-10-10 Jingu-mae Shibuyaku Tokyo, 150-0001 Japan TEL: +81-(0)50-5541-8600
Getting to our musuem
- From JR Yamanote Line “Harajuku” Station: Take Omotesandoguchi Exit and go down Omotesando St. to Meiji St. for few minutes. Make a left turn just past the Softbank cellphone store. You will see our sign at the corner.
- From Chiyoda and Fukutoshin Subway Line “Meiji Jingu mae”: Station:Take #5 Exit and go straight Omotesando St .Make a right turn just before the Softbank cellphone store. You will see our sign at the corner.
※There are no parking lots in our museum. Please use public transportation.
Opening Hours10:30 a.m. ～ 5:30 p.m. (Last Admission: 5:00 p.m.）
- Mondays (except National Holidays) (If Monday is a holiday, closed on the next work day.)
- The period of changing exhibition (See Calendar for the details)
- Admission changes depending on the exhibition. Please see the information of the each exhibition .
- There is no slope and elevator in our museum.
- For a customer in a wheelchair, the visit of the exhibition room only on the 1st floor is requested because of the structure of the museum. Mobility scooters and Power wheelchairs cannot enter.
- There is no permanent exhibition room in our museum. We change works monthly depending on the theme of the exhibition. Please check the schedule before coming to the museum.
Sunday Video ScreeningWe show a video introducing the history of ukiyo-e for 30 min with English subtitles from 11 am and 2 pm on Sunday in our planned exhibition. The screening will not be held during special exhibitions.
Visiting Rules and RegulationsYour cooperation with the following regulations and visitors’ guidelines will be greatly appreciated and should contribute to your enjoyable experience in the museum. We will appreciate your kind cooperation in improving the visitors’ manners in the museum.
- Please refrain from actions that may disturb other customers.
- Please keep your voice down while you are in the exhibition rooms.
- Please do not touch exhibits and glass display cases.
- Please do not use ball point pens or fountain pens other than pencil.
- Photography is not allowed in the museum.
- Please do not use and talk with any electric devices including mobile phones and smart phones.
- Please do not bring foods and drinks including candy and chewing gum to the exhibition rooms.
- Please do not take large luggage in the exhibition rooms. Please use coin return lockers. Please leave long umbrellas in umbrella stand.
- Please do not let your preschool age and younger children out of your sight.
- Temperature, humidity and lighting intensity are adjusted in terms of protecting works.
- Please follow instructions given by attendants in the museum in any case.
- Translation apps on smartphoneses are not allowed since it requires the user to hold the phone over the artworks and captions.
- Please note that we cannot accept group visits (more than 20 people) without reservation.